Journey on the Page: Proprioceptive Writing® Workshops
with Tzivia Gover
To register or for more information email
tzivia [at] tziviagover.com
Proprioceptive Writing® is a meditative form of writing that allows participants to know themselves more fully by exploring on paper the territory of their minds, memories, and emotions.
“Proprioception” comes from the Latin, proprius, meaning “one’s own,” and this writing method, pioneered by Linda Trichter Metcalf, Ph.D. and Tobin Simon, Ph.D., helps synthesize emotion and imagination, generating authentic insight and joy. Proprioceptive Writing® is not formal writing, nor is it automatic or stream-of-consciousness writing. A regular, disciplined practice in a quiet environment, the method uses several aids to deepen attention and free the writer within: Baroque music, a candle, a pad, and a pen.
Proprioceptive Writing® can help:
o Focus awareness, dissolve inhibitions, and build self-trust
o Unburden your mind and resolve emotional conflicts
o Connect more deeply with your spiritual self
o Write and speak with strength and clarity
o Enhance the benefits of psychotherapy
o Awaken your senses and emotions
o Liberate your creative energies
o Bring increased energy and power to the creative process
o Focus and deepen the though process
Tzivia Gover is a certified Proprioceptive Writing Teacher.
Recommended Reading: Writing the Mind Alive by Linda Trichter Metcalf and Tobin Simon. Visit http://www.pwriting.org/ to order the book and for more information about Proprioceptive Writing®.
In "Dreaming on the Page" workshops we use a meditative writing practice (Proprioceptive Writing), to amplify and uncover meanings and messages in our dreams. All you need is a dream and a pen and the willingness to know yourself more deeply.
Through Mindful Moments workshops and talks, author and educator Tzivia Gover helps people discover how seemingly mundane daily experiences offer opportunities to cultivate joy, creativity, and inner peace.
* Learn simple breathing exercises they can use at home or at work;
* Discuss ways to make everyday events such as a trip to the bank, a daily commute or household chores more meaningful;
* Use drawing and/or writing prompts to reconnect to personal goals and desires.
Workshops are appropriate for:
* Professional organizations
* Community groups
* Students of all ages
* Religious groups
MINDFUL MOMENTS FOR MOTHERS & DAUGHTERS
Every woman is a mother, a daughter or both. Whether or not we have children of our own, we each play the role of nurturer, teacher and protector. Likewise, whether our mothers are in our lives today or not, each of us has a yearning to receive unconditional love and wise guidance. Mother/Daughter relationships are potentially our richest source of love and nourishment. They can also be complicated and confusing.
Mindful Moments for Mothers & Daughters is a workshop in which participants explore, honor and celebrate their roles and relationships as mothers and daughters in a safe and welcoming environment. We use the practice of mindfulness to find clarity, peace and a spirit of joyful relaxation to guide us in this process of discovery and deeper connection. Through a series of discussions, simple art and writing activities, guided meditations and values clarification exercises, participants will:
• identify strengths and challenges in their mother/daughter roles and relationships;
• bring a spirit of mindful intention to the process of growth and healing in their lives as mothers and daughters;
• discover the common and complementary values they bring to those relationships; and
• connect with feelings of gratitude, joy and love toward themselves as well as their mothers and/or daughters.
This workshop is appropriate for all women, whether they are attending individually or with their mothers and/or adult daughters
MINDFUL MOMENTS FOR STRESSFUL DAYS
• Easy, practical solutions to everyday stresses
MINDFUL MOMENTS FOR MOTHERS & DAUGHTERS
• Using mindfulness techniques to add increased meaning and joy to relationships between mothers and daughters and for women who are looking to deepen their understanding of themselves as mothers and/or daughters.
MINDFUL MOMENTS FOR JEWISH DAYS
• Discovering the rich tradition of contemplation and mindful intention in Judaism.
MINDFUL MOMENTS IN THE WORKPLACE
• A Professional Development workshop to help participants deal with stress on the job and to bring increased focus, meaning and intention to their lives at work.
For details including pricing information
contact Tzivia Gover at firstname.lastname@example.org
“I would like to thank Tzivia for the refreshing, uplifting workshop she presented for our staff ... It truly was a lot of fun.”
— Mindful Moments Workshop Participant
Tzivia is the founder of POETRY FOR A PURPOSE, a program for bringing creative writing and literature into nontraditional settings including GED programs, English as a Second Language classes and professional development workshops for social workers and educators. She is available to lead POETRY FOR A PURPOSE workshops for educational, business and community groups.